When selecting a storage facility, whether for personal or business storage, you may be wondering why self-storage would be the best option for you. We can, fortunately, provide the benefits of using self-storage. Aside from the diversity allowed by a self-storage unit, there are many benefits to be gained, which include:
- Convenience: We all have a variety of belongings in our house or business that are taking up unnecessary space. With a self-storage rental we can store these items in an accessible secure space.
- Security: Proguard Self Storage offers a variety of security features to keep your items safe. Some of our features include individually alarmed storage units, monitored video surveillance, security fences, and professional on-site managers. Our facilities are also protected with computerized gates and doors with individual coded access.
- Options: The items stored at our facilities range from smaller antiques to RVs, and we have the storage units to accommodate all our customers. If you are looking for a 5’ x 5’ locker or a space to hold a boat, we can assist.
Stop wondering why self-storage is the perfect option for all your storage needs, and visit us at ProguardStorage.com or give us a call at 719-771-0188.
Now that you know how to prep your engine, exhaust, and battery for your motorcycle, let’s cover cleaning your motorcycle. Leaving dirt on your motorcycle can lead to both cosmetic and mechanical damage. Follow these tips and storage rental does not have to be something you stress about.
- Follow this easy tutorial on How to Wash a Motorcycle to get started!
- Clean sludge from the outside of the engine with a degreaser.
- Chains need special maintenance to avoid corroding. Follow this step-by-step guide on chain maintenance.
- After washing your motorcycle, apply wax to any surfaces with paint and chrome polish to chrome surfaces to keep off moisture.
- Use a breathable fabric to cover your motorcycle; it keeps dust off while not trapping moisture in.
Motorcycles require some attention before you put them away into a climate controlled storage unit. Stay tuned for even more tips from ProguardStorage.com!
Now that we covered prepping your car for long-term climate controlled storage, we have some tips for all you motorcyclists out there! Just follow these awesome tips to keep your treasured motorcycle safe from rust, corrosion, and inactivity.
Start with your engine, exhaust, and battery.
- Prevent old oil from damaging your rubber seals by doing an oil and filter change.
- Make sure your fuel tanks are full, because half-empty tanks can accumulate moisture.
- Remove spark plugs and pour a tablespoon of fresh engine oil or spray fogging oil inside.
- Spray WD40 into the exhaust pipes to prevent them from rusting from moisture. Stuffing plastic bags into the intake and exhaust can do the trick as well.
- To keep your battery charged, clean your battery leads and attach a battery tender, if you don’t have one of those, try a trickle charger instead.
Check back for even more tips on storing your motorcycle! If you are ever looking for a storage unit in Texas, ProguardStorage.com is a good place to start!
Now for the exciting conclusion to prepping your vehicle for long-term, climate controlled storage. Store your prized vehicle without any stress or worry by following the rest of these steps.
- Forget the parking brake! When it comes to storage, using the parking brake is not really a good idea. When brake pads are in contact with the rotors for an extended period of time, it is possible for them to fuse. Try using a tire stopping, also known as a chock, instead of using the brake.
- Inflate or remove your tires before you leave. When a car is stationary for a long time, tires can develop flat spots from the pressure of the car’s weight. Flat spots can be a permanent problem, so prevent this by first inflating your tires to the recommended tire pressure. For short trips, simply have a friend drive your car every now and then. For longer trips, removing your tires is probably the best option.
- Check your insurance. While it may be tempting to save some money and cancel your car insurance while it is in storage, ultimately this may be more costly. Gaps in coverage can lead to a raise in your rates. Check with your insurance company to see what options you have.
Now with all the tips you need for long-term storage, and with Proguard Self Storage’s climate controlled storage units you can store stress-free!
Permalink | Tags: Climate control storage, Climate controlled self storage, Climate controlled storage, climate controlled storage Houston, climate controlled storage units | Posted in climate controlled storage Houston, Personal Storage, Self Storage, Vehicle Storage | No Comments
We know how much work goes into maintaining a car, and that’s why we offer climate controlled storage to keep it well-preserved. Let’s go over some tips and advice for how to prepare your car for long-term storage. Just letting your car sit unattended could mean you returning to a dead battery, damaged engine, or even pests under your hood. Follow these tips and have no worries!
- Keep your vehicle covered. This should be an easy one if you store your car in one of our climate control storage units, which will protect your car from the elements while keeping it in a stable temperature.
- Make sure it’s clean. Take the time to clean both the inside and outside of your vehicle. It will mean less work when you take the car out of storage.
- Change the oil. This applies only to long-term storage because used engine oil may have contaminants that are damaging to your engine.
- Fill up the gas tank. A full tank of gas will keep moisture from accumulating inside the tank and keep the seals from drying out.
- Keep the battery charged. If you cannot find someone to start your car every two weeks, disconnecting the negative battery cable is one option. But a battery tender will prove to be more beneficial.
Check back for even more vehicle storage tips! While we offer great Texas storage units, there is always something you can do on your end to keep your things in the best condition.
Permalink | Tags: Climate control storage, Climate controlled storage, climate controlled storage units | Posted in climate controlled storage Houston, Personal Storage, Self Storage, Vehicle Storage | No Comments
Dedicated to providing you with the best service possible, Proguard Storage offers five conveniently located Houston, Texas storage facilities. You may recall our focus on our Medical Center branch recently on the blog – today, we turn our attention towards our state-of-the-art Bear Creek and Copperfield storage location.
Located on Highway 6 North, close to Bear Creek Park and the West Houston Airport, our modernized self storage location was recently expanded to accommodate 697 climate and non-climate controlled storage spaces in a variety of sizes ranging from 5′ x 5′ to 13′ x 50′.
Our Bear Creek and Copperfield facility also boasts boat storage and private RV storage. As for this facility’s storage unit specifics, each unit is equipped with roll-up doors, timed lighting and electrical outlets. All units are located at ground level and many units feature garage-like drive-up access, as well.
If you’re planning on delivering large quantities of storage items, extra-wide driveways for easy 18-wheeler access and maneuverability are also available.
As with all of our locations, boxes and other moving supplies are also available for sale, and security is unparalleled. Access to our self storage units is controlled by a computerized gate and coded entry, while each unit is individually alarmed and features ENFORCER® cylinder locks.
When the process of moving ranks so highly on lists of stressful tasks, you will likely want to take advantage of every opportunity to lessen the hassle of this process. Here at Proguard Storage, we’re dedicated to simplifying your moving day offering climate control storage units to pack away all your excess items you don’t want to transplant to your new place, but still are not quite ready to say goodbye to.
But self storage is not the only string to our bow, we also offer a huge range of moving supplies at our Texas storage locations. Whether it is boxes for stacks of books, crockery, glassware, clothing or pictures, we have gone to great lengths to see that each of our locations serves as a one-stop shop for all your moving supplies needs. Other items available include tape, bubble wrap, packing peanuts among many others.
We also pride ourselves on exceptional customer service, and will be happy to advise you as to which items will prove most useful for your move. Are you moving mattresses? You’ll want a cover to protect the surface from becoming stained or damaged in transit. Taking your LCD TV with you? One of our TV boxes should fit perfectly. Eager to move, but not prepared to let your coveted closet items go? Simply transfer them to one of our wardrobe boxes complete with rail.
True music aficionados know that imposing a cap on your obsessive collecting feels almost like losing a limb. Yet, those of you who pay high rents for small spaces in urban areas know just how important it is to save every inch of space possible.
Additionally, with the music industry gaining increasing presence online and with the proliferation of digital music files, it’s no longer absolutely imperative that you keep your records on hand since the vast majority of your music collection is most likely stored on a miniscule portable device.
So, if you’re eager to save space, without having to surrender your LP collection forever more, consider placing them at a storage location. Self storage units provide you with an alternative to selling or trashing your belongings, so you’re only saying “see you later”, rather than “goodbye, my friends.”
When storing your LPs, it’s important to keep them in an upright position, on edge and on a sturdy shelf. Whatever you do, do not lay them on top of one another as this will result in warping. If necessary, ensure you place books or similar items on the shelf in order to keep the LPs upright. Also important is to ensure the LPs are kept away from sources of heat and direct sunlight, which, with storage rental at Proguard Storage, will never be a problem.
Did you know that we at Proguard Self Storage have five highly convenient locations based here in Houston? We have been satisfying our customers’ demand for self storage at our Houston Medical Center location since June, 2000. Following the Medical Center location’s inception, we expanded in 2001 to our current capacity of 539 storage units.
Located right across from the Michael E. Debakey VA Medical Center and about 10 minutes from downtown Houston, this storage location is perfect for both personal and professional storage, with the ability to accommodate everything from a room full of files to a vintage car. Our Medical Center location is of course equipped with climate controlled units, and offers an array of storage spaces ranging from 5′ x 5′ to as big as 10′ x 30′.
To say we keep your valuables under lock and key would be an understatement; secure access to our units is controlled by a computerized gate and coded entry. All of our storage units in Texas are individually alarmed, and we use unique slip-in ENFORCER® cylinder locks for additional security. Our exceptionally professional on-site managers monitor the premises with a hi-tech video surveillance system that streams directly to the manager’s office and allows us to keep a constant eye on all of your belongings.
Moving house or traveling for a long period of time can both be stressful experiences, and both demand accurate and timely planning in order to prevent mishaps and miscalculations. One of the most important steps to guaranteeing yourself a smooth and painless move is to assess, well in advance, your storage space options, as well as your storage space requirements. With our new Storage Space Calculator, figuring out exactly the right amount of storage rental space you need is no longer an intolerable ordeal.
By utilizing this user-friendly tool, you can determine exactly how much space you need at your storage location with minimum effort. Simply enter the number of each item you are planning to store, e.g. 5 book-cases, 3 coffee tables, 2 end tables, and 1 loveseat, and we will advise on the right size storage space for you, whether it is 5′ by 5′ or 10′ x 30′. The calculator is even broken into navigable sections from living to bedroom, dining room to nursery.
Using the calculator not only saves you time in assessing the various sizes of all of the items to be stored, but also allows you to cut costs by ensuring you do not book a space that is far too big for your lot of furniture.